Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What have you heard, that is bad, about me?

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Edena_of_Neith View Post

I would like to apologize to Morrus and the other British posters for a comment I made long years ago.
    Great Britain is NOT a broken country. It is a STRONG country, and it will endure, as it has endured every blow aimed at it for the last 5 centuries.
    NOTHING is ever going to break Great Britain.
    Great Britain, the cradle of American civilization.
    Brutally hones:, Morrus doesn't give a shit, forgot all about it, and he's so mad dog busy he'll be lucky to remember he's putting on pants in the morning.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Leopold, you know I was always full of it. Saying silly things, ridiculous things.

Well, I'd like to talk about some truly crazy things, if anyone wants to hear. The kind of crazy, even I couldn't make up.
    Did you know? ... that my brothers think I attempted to be some sort of Evil Mastermind? That I AM an Evil Mastermind, and that I won my Evil Plot? Did you know, they still think that, today, 11 years after the fact?
    I got that off the phone 2 months ago from the one brother who still talks to me.

The reality is so different from what they think, it would be hilarious, if it were not so pathetic.

Curious, as to what I'm talking about?

You know that there is some crazy shit in this world. But I can show you some shit so crazy, it might be jaw dropping even for you.

Oh, before I go any further ... 161st level?
    Edena never legitimately got past 3rd level, in straight sessions, if you're going to go by legitimate levels of adversary in a game.
    The Demonbane Campaign might have raised him, legitimately, to 5th level.
    The Test of the Council, would have raised him to 6th level.
    The other legitimate campaigns, with legitimate challenges, would have raised him to between 9th and 20th level, depending on interpretation.
    The endless OCD campaigns would have raised him, assuming all the legitimate challenges, to between 16th and 30th level. Which is saying something about the colossal nature of my OCD, since no character above 30th level exists.

If Edena made 30th level ... and the one thing that might legitimately argue that he did, was the ferocious and endless nature of the OCD that drove me to keep playing him ... then he became one of the great, legendary clerics of his setting.

But whatever. He drank that Potion of Eternal Youth at 4th level in Demonbane, and so he is still 17, and still at the Tomb of Horrors, quietly studying magic.
    Under a Lost and Lonely Hill lies a terrible dungeon full of death traps and horrific monsters, ruled by an demilich. Or roughly like that?
    Under a Lost and Lonely Hill, in that nostagic Greyhawk setting, sits a youth, studiously copying spells and quietly listening to his (in this case, true neutral) mentor.

Allow me to tell you something so fucked up, you know it's true. Because nobody could possibly make this up, not even the Tabloids.

When I was a kid, we had a tulip tree in our front yard, and I grew to love it.
    But it was in an unprotected place from the wind, and sick with a gradually illness that weakened it's branches. Tulip trees are normally fragile, but this one was exceptionally so.

So how did I react, when the storms came?
    I hid in the basement. That way, I wouldn't see the storm damage the tulip tree.
    I was terrified of Severe Thunderstorm Watches (much less Warnings.) It was practically the end of the world.

Eventually, hiding in the basement was not enough. I had to *not be there at all.*
    So I got on my bicycle, and rode elsewhere when storms came (any storms at all, even when there was no Severe Thunderstorm Watch.)
    I rode to K-Mart. I rode to Burger King. I rode to shelters under my old grade school.
    I took trips, begged people to take my out on trips.
    Anywhere but home. Anywhere, where I wouldn't see the storm damage the tulip tree.

When I became old enough to drive, 17, I drove out and watched the storms from other places.
    Yes, you heard that right. An adult, and still fleeing home so I wouldn't see the storms damage that tulip tree. Still have to be away from home, because then I wouldn't have to endure the possibility of seeing (or being close to) that tulip tree be damaged by a storm.

When I was THIRTY, I still felt the need to do this, although to a lesser degree.
    And that, with klonopin and zoloft in me, both of which lessen OCD. And that, at the age of 30.

OCD fucks up your mind. It's a fucked up situation. Take it from someone who has been there, done that.

Yes.
    At the age of 15, while others of my age were dealing with things vaguely related to reality, such as chasing girls, learning to drive, getting good grades, thinking about careers, or even hanging out in pool halls ...
    I was busy desperately trying, to get away from home, whenever a storm came, so I wouldn't see it, if it damaged the tulip tree. I was terrified. Sometimes, I even risked my life in my efforts to get away from there, when storms were approaching.

This bespoke wonders, as you can imagine, about the quality of my social life and skills, my grasp on reality, and my future prospects in life.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Edena, most of us were stupid kids at age 15. Not chasing girls, not learning to drive, not focus on grades or future professions. Most of us were playing D&D, arguing about whether Superman could kick Hulks ass in a fight, reading crappy sci-fi and fantasy novels, playing video games, and trying to figure out why all the girls were dating seniors, and how to get rid of acne. While running away from a storm to not see it damage a tree is slightly on the weird side, it's not really that distant from the normal 15 year old kid.

Of course, lasting until 30 is a stretch, but it sounds like medication (fairly mundane medication that millions of people are on) had it under control by then.

I don't know man, I am starting to think you need to stop feeling so sorry for yourself and dwelling so much on the past. You did OK. You got to now, without dying, without messing up too much, mostly intact. Your worse than some, and better than others.

Time to move on with your life, build a better life, focus on the assets you have, and work from there.
    I like hats.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    Edena, most of us were stupid kids at age 15.
    I wasn't. I grew into my stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    When do you want to meet. I'm serious. If you are in the Tampa Bay area then you are close to me and I'm willing to make that trip. IN person at the nearest coffee shop or local barista close to wherever you are. PM me.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    I wasn't. I grew into my stupidity.

I started drinking Scotch. Apparently that wasn't supposed to help the problem.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Quote Originally Posted by leopold View Post
    When do you want to meet. I'm serious. If you are in the Tampa Bay area then you are close to me and I'm willing to make that trip. IN person at the nearest coffee shop or local barista close to wherever you are. PM me.
    Leopold, was this addressed to me? Did you wish to meet me?
    If yes, I *appreciate* the offer. You are a good man. You are. Thank you.

But I live down in Charlotte County, 100 miles south of Tampa (100 miles south of the intersection of I-75 and I-4.)

I can attempt to communicate with you via ICQ. But first I must load ICQ onto this computer.

Mistwell, you are a good person. Thank you for that supportive post, above.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Edena,

Hurry up and login to ICQ.
    Failed RPG Writer.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Edena, what leo offers is a good idea. Consider it a free form of therapy. Some way to get things off your chest and be able to just talk to someone.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

I am still working on the ICQ, Leopold.

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Edena_of_Neith View Post
    I am still working on the ICQ, Leopold.
    Answer your PRivate messages then. IT's not rocket surgery.
    Failed RPG Writer.

• Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast