Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What have you heard, that is bad, about me?

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    It's your mother's call, depending on how much she feels up to fighting. My mother chose to fight her cancer and it was only after she decided she'd had enough that her oncologist switched the strategy to hospice/pain management. She died on her own terms and we did what she wanted.

That's the best you can do. If she can beat it, great. If not, then do what you can to make her comfortable and happy. Hospice care can be a great peaceful way to die with dignity. The state paid for all of it and the nurses they sent out were heroic and remarkably kind people.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    It's your mother's call, depending on how much she feels up to fighting. My mother chose to fight her cancer and it was only after she decided she'd had enough that her oncologist switched the strategy to hospice/pain management. She died on her own terms and we did what she wanted.

That's the best you can do. If she can beat it, great. If not, then do what you can to make her comfortable and happy. Hospice care can be a great peaceful way to die with dignity. The state paid for all of it and the nurses they sent out were heroic and remarkably kind people.
    I am sorry, Shiningbrow. I ...

I don't have any appropriate words to say, other than that. I wish I did.

Province
    In the snow
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    Do they come from the traditional bowl?
    I thought it was a traditional bag?
    Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by the Jester View Post
    I thought it was a traditional bag?
    Googlefight seems to agree, but I'll be damned if I'm not sure the proper serving presentation is in a bowl.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...+full+of+dicks
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by PWD View Post
    Googlefight seems to agree, but I'll be damned if I'm not sure the proper serving presentation is in a bowl.

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...+full+of+dicks
    Could be that the traditions vary between the U.S. and Canada. Perhaps we use bags down here, and you lot use bowls.

BTW, that's a cool site. I need to use that for some SEO stuff. Like this.
    I like hats.

Can't keep a secret Keeper of Secrets's Avatar
    Province
    Ohio
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Edena,

I always did and continue to think, you are some kind of alt.
    Veteran of RelWar 2011

My mother can not remember my name. I had to explain, in detail and at length, who I am.

Before you ask or suggest anything: My mother is all I have left, in this world. All that remained.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I'm sorry to hear that Edena.

You sound like you are in a very dark place at the moment. Have you considered counselling? You sound like you need someone to talk to that is real, rather than just us virtual folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Mother came out of the confusion episode, and is herself again ... for now (but even then, with severe memory loss.)

I am working on options, Bagpuss. Working on solutions. Thank you for caring.

However ...

I am badly disabled. And in constant pain, for which there is no cure (a pudental nerve situation.) I am in a very poor position, here. Honestly.
    No help is possible from family. The one person in my family who still communicates with us, is himself beset with medical disaster and economic ruin. (The ones who will not communicate, would not communicate even when father died.)
    This area is infamous for it's bad medical care. Hospices and nursing homes here are death traps. But don't take that from me. Take it from my father, who spent a month in a so-called hospice here, and was begging us on his knees the entire month to get him out of there. (We couldn't get him out of there - the hospital put him in there without our permission or even our knowledge, then because we did not have the right medical insurance they were able to say, and did say: We will keep him for a month ... if you try to take him out early, you can ... and we'll bankrupt you.)

You should see what Florida medicine has done for my mother.
    They did a lumpdectomy. And then left the tape on the incision. Nobody ever took it off. Mother herself actually had to remove it, without instructions or help (I couldn't make this kind of thing up.) Which led to the inevitable: A trip to the ER when massive infection set in, and her being on antibiotics for 10 days ... which may or may not have cleared up the infection.
    I have forced the situation, forced mother to go to a better health system, the one in Sarasota (where they were violently angry when they saw the mutilated ruin that is now mother's right breast, still with pieces of that tumor in it) and now they are trying to deal with the disaster of the stage 3 cancer (the local people did not even bother to check mother's lymph nodes, much less the rest of her body. They simply bothered to come out to me and say: Your mother is history, dude.)

Yes, I will check into options. I will. I believe the Anastrozole they gave mother to take (hormone therapy for the cancer) may be the cause, and hopefully this side effect will go away. Another side effect, edema, went away after the first 3 days.
    Last edited by Edena_of_Neith; April 24th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Bagpuss, you virtual folks, are the only people left I have to talk to. Literally.
    And, as strange as this may sound, talking here - such as talking about those butt pirates - is like looking back into a bright, green, beautiful place. A beautiful, green light, seen through a far window, small and distant and beautiful, a wondrous memory.
    Everything around me now, is blurred, grey, and surreal, and all around is darkness.

(sings softly)

Lay down, your sweet and weary head;
    Night is falling, you have come to journey's end;
    Sleep now, and dream of the ones who became before;
    They are calling, from across the distant shore.

Why do you weep?
    What are these tears upon your face?
    Soon you see: All of your fears, will pass away;
    Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping.

What can you see? On the horizon.
    What do the white gulls call?
    Across the sea, a pale a moon rises;
    The ships have come, to carry you home.
    All will turn, to silver glass;
    A light on the water, all souls pass ...

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Darkest before the dawn, Edena. Life will be good again. You just have to go through some shit, first, before that can happen. You have the inner reserves necessary to get through this. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, solve each problem as it arises to the best of your ability, and eventually you will look around and see that the hardest has passed. Just don't give into the despair. That's too easy a route, and you're made of sterner stuff than that.
    I like hats.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I imagine that it's really tough to go through this business with your mother, alone, Edena. Especially when you don't feel confident in the caregivers and physicians she had to deal with.

Trust your instincts in these things. And come here if it gets to be too much.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Thank you.
    You are good people.

I would like to apologize to Morrus and the other British posters for a comment I made long years ago.
    Great Britain is NOT a broken country. It is a STRONG country, and it will endure, as it has endured every blow aimed at it for the last 5 centuries.
    NOTHING is ever going to break Great Britain.
    Great Britain, the cradle of American civilization.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You might want to wait until after the Scotish Referrendum before you say that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Province
    Mason Dixie Line
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Edena_of_Neith View Post
    I have forced the situation, forced mother to go to a better health system, the one in Sarasota (where they were violently angry when they saw the mutilated ruin that is now mother's right breast, still with pieces of that tumor in it) and now they are trying to deal with the disaster of the stage 3 cancer (the local people did not even bother to check mother's lymph nodes, much less the rest of her body. They simply bothered to come out to me and say: Your mother is history, dude.).
    I've worked in all the hospitals around that town and in Bradenton. I know they mean well and the healthcare is top notch. I watched one of my good friends dad die from Pancreatic cancer at a Hospice and in the end he was surrounded by his friends and family and treated like a Greek God. There are shitbuckets too, don't get me wrong, I've seen them.

And this is where my offer to meet you comes back again as if I recall correctly you and I are neighbors. Figuratively, not literally. I grew up in Sarasota and now live in North Bradenton.

I would be welcome to meet you somewhere, have a cup of coffee, and rehash old times. If you want me to call you a "dirty ass raping semen coated butt pirate" out in public for shock value, well in Sarasota that really wouldn't matter much as the Art Queens would giggle all over it.

Send me a PM. I think it would do you good to meet a human being once in awhile.
    Failed RPG Writer.

• Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast