Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What have you heard, that is bad, about me?

Province
    Stoned Mtn, GA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    Maybe Edena is the puppet-master and we're all puppets....
    FWIW, I'm on the design team and I pretty much find WoW as fun and interesting as banging my head against a brick wall.-- Mike Mearls

I mean, I never GET any but that would be preferable. --Rel

Province
    Arkansas
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Edena_of_Neith View Post
    True, about those tedious posts.
    Florida? Brown recluses and hurricanes aren't a problem on the Sun Coast. (the 5 inch wide spiders, the Wolf Spiders, are your friends.)
    Reno? I've never visited the place. Or anywhere in Nevada. (never fired a gun, either, except when father twice insisted on taking me to the gun range.)
    I thought you lived in Detroit ??? What did you do leave that sinking ship ?

I heard you were in to Furries

Stage Name: Jackie! COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Nerfherder's Avatar
    Province
    Nordschleife, Nürburgring
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Edena it's not like you are being treated with kid gloves, you are on occasion a little annoying, but you've never come across as mean or spiteful or anything worthy of hate.

You're one of the good guys if perhaps a little touched(2).
    Exactly this.
    Robin Williams: "In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say, 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"

PWD: "you're the seed, the relationship is the soil, and the love and attention and work you put into the relationship is the sun and the rain that feeds it. What grows from that is what you always were meant to become."

I did not live in Detroit. I lived near that city.
    Detroit, and all it's metropolitan area, are suffering greatly in these troubled economic times.
    We moved, just before property values crashed.

I am not into furries. I do not even know what furries are ... I have some vague references, only.

I have heard nothing about you. I just think you must be somewhat crazy or delusional, based on the stuff I've read by you. I mostly stopped reading them, because they are too gibberish, weird, incoherent or verbose for me to care. I've gotten lazy with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustrum_Ridcully View Post
    I have heard nothing about you. I just think you must be somewhat crazy or delusional, based on the stuff I've read by you. I mostly stopped reading them, because they are too gibberish, weird, incoherent or verbose for me to care. I've gotten lazy with age.
    I wish I were delusional. It would be far more pleasant a world.
    As my psychiatrist of 10 years said, I am not delusional. That's part of the problem. The more we live in reality, the more unhappy we tend to be, said he.

Ever see the film Harvy? No? You should watch it. Where is my Harvy, my giant rabbit? I could use him ...

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Edena_of_Neith View Post
    As my psychiatrist of 10 years said...
    This does not reassure me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

(laughs bitterly)

Reassurance? There is only Grim Reality. There is not Reassurance.

My life has been dominated by certain words right now. Shall I share them with you? I think I shall. Words such as:

Cremation.
    Burial.
    Closure.
    Clostridium Difficile.
    Cancer.
    Metastisized.
    Hip Fracture.
    Hip Surgery.
    Morpheine.
    Hospice.
    Assisted Nursing.
    Home Care.
    Walkers.
    Porta Potties.
    Soiled Floors.
    Atrophied Muscles.
    Withered Unrecognizable Thing that used to be your Father.
    Hardened Nurses.
    Dead Bodies.
    Rigimortis.

My father died on October 5th of last year. May he Rest in Peace. Bless his memory.

You think this is a rough, mean little forum on a rough messageboard?
    This is a pleasant little sanctuary.

A while back, in a world that was a Paradise compared to now, I heard the following words uttered:

Black Roses = Ultra Violence.

Perhaps you saw those words? Remember them? Remember why? What happened? The whole flame war that followed?
    Very nice nonsense, all of that.

Allow me to add some Very Nice Nonsense of my own. My Very Nice Nonsense, I'm about to add, is in addition to the Very Nice Nonsense given above:

Mother.
    Breast Cancer.
    Stage 3.
    Alzheimer's Disease.
    Sundowner's Syndrome.
    Life Expectancy.
    Mortality Rate.
    Tamoxifen.
    Chemotherapy.
    Dementia.
    Giant Tumor.
    Lymph Nodes.

Please give me back the Black Roses = Ultra Violence world.
    I'd give my right arm to have back, such a pleasant world, as that one. And no, I'm not kidding or being cutesy, or metaphorical. I mean that, literally.

Now, since you have refused to bring out the Big Guns, *I* shall bring them out.

Allow me to say a few bad things about myself. Or rather, I shall repeat bad things about myself said, meant, and still meant today, by various important people.

Would be Murderer.
    Conspirast to Destroy An Innocent Man.
    Incestuous.
    Vicious, Psychopathic Monster.
    Insane.
    To be Put Away.
    Monster.
    Horror.
    Liar (in the most profound and horrific sense of that word)

But don't take that from me. Take it from people I loved, cherished, would have given my life for. You know, family, don't you know? People you love. People you expect to love you.

A few more.

Bad.
    Needs to be Punished.
    Needs to be Put Out of His Misery.
    Completely Unique (in the worst possible interpretation of that word.)
    Completely Bizarre.
    Utterly Hopeless.

Again, don't take that from me. I didn't utter those words. That, from various psychiatrists I have seen.

Is any of the above true?
    This is America. Where the accused is ALWAYS guilty, of ANYTHING rumored to be true about them. The victim is ALWAYS guilty. The accusers, are ALWAYS innocent.
    So of COURSE I'm guilty of all of the above. How could I not be? Why, it's a God Given Fact, that I'm guilty! Why, they said so, so it MUST be true.

The fact that a certain person wanted to take over my family, dominate them all, and tell them all what to do, not withstanding. The fact that my father himself, saw what was really happening, and stood with me and mother against that person, notwithstanding.
    Father is not around now, to dispute the inneundo and accusations. When they could not break him, they turned on him too, and he spent his last months in dementia wondering why his children had turned on him.

-

Give me back the world of those Butt Pirates. The world of 1998, when I had a minor tiff with a DM.
    Those Butt Pirates are such a pleasant memory. Really!

It was such a gentle, pleasant world, the world of those Butt Pirates.
    Last edited by Edena_of_Neith; March 27th, 2013 at 02:05 PM.

(chuckles without mirth)

Ah me. However, I am still here, Edena_of_Neith, the one and only.
    Here, to post annoying posts, to post things that generate marvellous confusion, chaos, and consternation among all.
    Last edited by Edena_of_Neith; March 27th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I am still processing what you wrote Edena. But, I am listening.
    I like hats.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    In the afternoons, I enjoy napping to the sounds of conflict. Judge shows (binding arbitration theatre like Judge Mathis, Judge Joe Brown, et al) or Jerry Springer usually work to lull me to sleep.

I expect that, given the right software to translate this into speech, the audio track of this thread would serve the same purpose.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningbrow View Post
    In the afternoons, I enjoy napping to the sounds of conflict. Judge shows (binding arbitration theatre like Judge Mathis, Judge Joe Brown, et al) or Jerry Springer usually work to lull me to sleep.
    We supply the judicial robes for every one of those shows

I expect that, given the right software to translate this into speech, the audio track of this thread would serve the same purpose.
    I think I understand Edena somewhat. Here is how I put the story together, though admittedly I am filling in some gaps with major guesswork here, and I could be veering far off the path sometimes in those guesses.

His father died a very painful death - painful as much for his family members as it was for him, due to the dementia involved and his slow withering away. Edena has to be one of the primary people dealing with that, helping make decisions while it was going on.

Now his mother is dying a very painful death, and it is again about as painful for the remaining family (which is mostly Edena) as it is for her, due to the Alzheimer. And again, it's Edena who has to deal with it and make decisions regarding her care as she slowly withers away.

Meanwhile, other family members and their allies (sounds like it might include one of Edena's siblings) are accusing the departed and nearly-departed family members, and Edena, of some pretty horrible things. Sounds like he might have had to fight off a conservatorship over it as well, and that is probably where the accusations were flying the most. Probably some things in his past were being twisted, by people who justified it by assuming the ends justify the means and their control over the conservatorship was more important than the damage done by the accusations and the manner they were making them.

He used to have the support of his family in dealing with those accusations and issues, but with one dead and the other dying, it's just him now, and this is taking it's toll on Edena. He's feeling pretty alone.

His therapist is pretty worried about him. So one outlet, one release for all this anguish he's going through, is to come here and try and talk about it, without quite directly talking about it, because it's too painful to be direct about it. That also explains why he used to be such a free spirit around these parts, but has been so caught up in dwelling on apocalyptic predictions for the last couple years. He's just trying to maintain some semi-normal human contact while he goes through some pretty horrible stuff.

At least, that's my take on what he said. No idea if it's accurate. Maybe Edena will enlighten us?
    Last edited by Mistwell; March 27th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    I like hats.

Province
    Funkytown
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Thank you for the synopsis, Mistwell.

Those robes look splendiferous, btw.

Edena, I feel your pain. My father had to deal with that, sniping critiques from other family members when his mother was too frail to live alone any longer and he had to place her in care against her wishes. It tore him up and I think contributed to his relatively early death. Dealing with the deaths of parents is a terrible ordeal no matter how it happens. Having others criticize how you do that can make it unbearable. I'm sorry for your troubles. Alzheimers/dementia really sucks because it prolongs the loss in such tragic ways. Often the afflicted knows there is something wrong and can't understand it, but gets frightened, confused and frustrated, and there's almost nothing to be done to stem those things but to be there and be constant.
    "When the subway jerks, it's the fixed stars that throw you down."

• Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast