Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What have you heard, that is bad, about me?

Province
    Dayton
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I heard you abandoned your imagination and enjoyment of fantasy on the alter of pessimistic apocalyptic politics.
    I heard that exact same thing.

Now I'm sad.

Actually, I went back to reading books. The imagination is still there.

I am saddened, by the lack of imagination in a lot of the people playing these MMORPGs. They should leave the RP out, and just call them MMOs, since a giant treasure hunt and blind grinding don't come off as particularly imaginative to me (it might be fun for people, but where is the imagination?)

Apocalyptic Politics? Hehe.
    All my life, the Republicans of my country have been saying it would be Apocalypse if the Democrats took power.
    All my life, the Democrats of my country have been saying it would be Apocalypse if the Republicans took power.
    It is the American Way.

Sorry, Superman. You were always far too congenial, to ever be true to the American Way. We know you are a Citizen of the World now ... we hope you have your PASSPORT AND VISA ready, before you set your goddamn foot in our country, ever again! And that includes our Airspace. And Space Space. And ... no, you CAN'T have a Visa! We'll take care of our own apocalypse without your help very nicely, thank you!

Pessimist?
    Hmmm.
    No.
    I was an Optimist. The actual reality that turned out, that actually happened, was dark beyond the darkest dreams I had ever known. (No, I'm not referring to gaming.)
    One day I might tell you what happened. Until then, know that I was an Optimist.
    Hehe. I won the gold medal at the Optimist's Speech Contest. Of course I was an Optimist. : )

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Edena_of_Neith View Post
    Pessimist?
    Hmmm.
    No.
    I was an Optimist. The actual reality that turned out, that actually happened, was dark beyond the darkest dreams I had ever known. (No, I'm not referring to gaming.)
    One day I might tell you what happened. Until then, know that I was an Optimist.
    Hehe. I won the gold medal at the Optimist's Speech Contest. Of course I was an Optimist. : )
    I'd really like to know what killed innocent optimist Edena.

You remind me of this scene from Seinfeld in an episode called The Fatigues. Elaine is working with a psycho named Eddie, and she has this conversation:

Elaine: Hey Ed, let me ask you something. What's with the fatigues and all the psychotic imagery? Huh?

Eddie: I don't want to talk about it.

Elaine: Come on, don't be a baby.

Eddie: I went out on a couple of dates with this woman, I thought she really liked me, and then things kind of cooled off.

Elaine: That's it?

Eddie: Well it's tough meeting somebody you like, let alone somebody Jewish.
    So Edena, what happened? You really like some girl, and things kind of cooled off?
    I like hats.

Grumpy Old Man
    Oratio

Ignore User
    I don't know that I've heard anything **Bad** about you. Over years. I have filed several of your posts in the "too long; didn't read" bin, however. I am a bit put off by the pirate ass-raping and geysers of semen and blood, as well.

If I were kind, I would say that you seem a bit eccentric. But I'm not kind, so I'll say you strike me as slightly nuts.
    fuck you guys.

Happiness is a Warm Gun Exploder Wizard's Avatar
    Province
    Fredericksburg VA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by francisca View Post

If I were kind, I would say that you seem a bit eccentric. But I'm not kind, so I'll say you strike me as slightly nuts.
    Eccentric? Does this guy have a fortune hidden away somewhere? Only the wealthy get to be eccentric.
    Don't suck that. Its dead.

Province
    Beverly, MA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Who are you?

Province
    To the left of reality. Behind reason. Right next to the backside of beyond.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    You stink of eldeberry wine and apparently float in water when dunked.

I hear the local Babtist church is organizing bonfire in your honor.

You're mother is overweight and your father wears fancy heels with tassels on them is what I hear.

Your mother apparently has had many relations with as many different men.
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

I is before E except after C, then it's chaos man, mass chaos! Letters coming together into words, but then you go English and they put U's in places that just shouldn't go there... AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

My sanity left town along time ago and didn't leave a forwarding address. It's not missed.

(very solemnly) (smiles wryly)

I never thought I'd live to see the day I was treated with Kid Gloves, on Circvs Maximvs.

I was expecting something far more serious. It actually would have made me feel better, had it been far more serious.
    Because, had it been far more serious, it still would have been nothing compared to what I have had the privilege of receiving, from a lot of people I cared about.

But it's ok. Let it go. Just ... let it go, Edena.

Edena_of_Neith

Province
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Tell us what's going on Edena. At best you will get sympathy, and at worst you will get taunted, and since you seem to take pleasure in the later, it's a win-win situation!
    I like hats.

Province
    Somewhere wet and muddy.
    Oratio

Ignore User
    (very solemnly)
    (majestically)I heard that you're the only person who ever declares that their own words are deserving of descriptions like "very solemnly". Most writers earn that descrription by, y'know, writing solemnly. You found the shortcut: you just tell people in advance that your writing is solemn.

(Shakespearingly) Woohoooooo!

(Booker prize-winningly) The cat sat on the mat.

(profoundly) ...in a clear misunderstanding of the fact that it's to others to decide if your tone is "solemn" or not.

(authoritatively and correctly) ...which makes me right because I said it was (authoritatively and correctly)

(hilariously) this statement is incredibly funny

(Oscar-winningly) I get an Oscar for typing this

(Physics-Nobel-Winningly) Something about dark energy

(Paid a million pounds-ingly) I'm rich!!!!
    Last edited by Morrus; March 16th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.

Province
    Melbourne
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    (majestically)I heard that you're the only person who ever declares that their own words are deserving of descriptions like "very solemnly". Most writers earn that descrription by, y'know, writing solemnly. You found the shortcut: you just tell people in advance that your writing is solemn.
    Maybe he's writing a script and thinks we're all the actors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Wickett View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I'm mostly with Spoony.

Province
    The Rose City, Pacific NW USA
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzach View Post
    Maybe he's writing a script and thinks we're all the actors?
    Maybe Edena is the puppet-master and we're all puppets....
    "d00d,
    most people are idiots"
    --diaglo

I can't believe it's an admin COMMUNITY SUPPORTER Bront's Avatar
    Province
    Aurora, IL
    Oratio

Ignore User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarion'sCousin View Post
    Maybe Edena is the puppet-master and we're all puppets....
    Nah, he's just a sophisticated chat bot.

Province
    Liverpool, UK
    Oratio

Ignore User
    (very solemnly) (smiles wryly)

I never thought I'd live to see the day I was treated with Kid Gloves, on Circvs Maximvs.
    Edena it's not like you are being treated with kid gloves, you are on occasion a little annoying, but you've never come across as mean or spiteful or anything worthy of hate.

You're one of the good guys if perhaps a little touched(2).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Oliver View Post
    Damn you and your perfectly valid criticism!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You're one of the good guys if perhaps a little touched(2).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nail bunny View Post
    I believe the hammer locking back is PWD's trigger warning.

• Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast